Thursday, August 14, 2014

Craft Ideas:DIY Button Tree

I love to use buttons in my daily crafting because they are easy to get and they can bring great ideas to me as well. Last time, I re-used buttons to diy a button calendar, and today I will show you how to recycle buttons to make a tree! 


I hung this button craft on my wall as an art work.It attracted my guests' attentions when they came to my house.I can't help to say that it's a great decoration idea too!! LOL!

Now, let's see how to make this button tree.You need to prepare a thin wood board,a piece of white paper,pencil, glue and various of buttons.
After getting all of these easy-to-prepare materails, you firstly need to draw a tree pattern on the paper, then cut the paper tree along the line. The 2nd step is to put the paper tree on the board and draw a tree on the board along the paper pattern. If you are good at paintting, you can skip the 1st step and draw the tree on the board directly.
Finally, you can use glue to stick different sizes of buttons on the board. When the tree line is filled with buttons, the button tree is finished. 

To make it more fun, you can draw and cut some birds and stick them on the tree as well!

Someone asked me where to get these buttons, well, you can shop them at your local craft store or buy them from online store if you need large amounts of buttons, it would be much cheaper for crafters like me who love to use buttons is crafting. And buying wholesale jewelry making supplies at bulk prices can save us a lot of money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment